Site Design Plans
After more than 2,500 conversations with Moss Park community members, we’ve developed preliminary plans for new facilities and park space. Here are some of the design highlights that will be presented at the next Community Roundtable on Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 6:30 pm. We hope you’ll have a look and come to the Roundtable to share your thoughts.
The designs have been shaped by meetings that have been taking place since May 2016 with Moss Park residents, local businesses, local agencies and program users, as well as focused outreach to specific communities including youth, seniors, Indigenous and LGBTQ communities and people with accessibility needs. Highlights include:
- The proposed location on the west side of the site allows for existing buildings to remain open during construction
- Expanded park space and tree canopy – overall, the site will gain about 175 trees
- Clear sightlines, open spaces, and consistent lighting to enhance safety
- More ice capacity: the indoor rink has been expanded to NHL regulation size, and a new outdoor rink has been added
- Inclusive and accessible spaces, services delivery areas and community kitchen
- Flexible spaces for as many different groups and uses as possible throughout the day and through all seasons.
These design plans are still preliminary, and there will be more opportunity for community consultation to come if the plan is approved by City Council in January 2017. Please come hear the details behind these plans, share your ideas on them, and hear more on next steps at the Community Roundtable on Wednesday. All community members and people who use Moss Park facilities—or would like to—can continue to share ideas by calling 416-355-6777, by emailing email@example.com or by signing up to receive updates.